|As of September 1, 2013, our class times have been reduced to 6 hours, plus range time. Renewals are no longer required to take a class. Please contact Texas Department of Public Safety for more information.
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
All CHL classes are NOT created equal!
Students and colleagues who visit CHL classes all over Houston tell us that Double Action CHL is the BEST, hands down! Visit our Feedback page!
How do I get my CHL?
- Check the Eligibility Requirements
- Schedule your CHL Class
- Handgun and 50 Rounds of Ammo
- Rentals Available
- Ammo Available at the Range
- 6 Hour Class, plus Range Time
- Pass Shooting and Written Tests
- We provide your CHL-100
- Apply ONLINE with DPS
- Pay CHL Application Fee
- Print Application Receipt
- Schedule Digital Finger Prints
- Get Finger Printed
- Mail your packet to DPS
- Keep a copy of your packet
- Mail it with Delivery Confirmation
- Wait; usually about 30 days
Classes fill fast so
Why choose Double Action CHL?
- Comfortable Indoor Shooting Range
- Classroom and Shooting in One Location
- Experienced, energetic instructors
- Excellent Multimedia Presentation
- Coffee and donuts!
- No Hidden Fees
If you're a little rusty or would like to Learn To Shoot, you can take our Basic Handgun Technique, and Pre-CHLTraining Classes.All of our instructors are experienced and certified by the State of Texas to teach and qualify CHL applicants.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW!!!
Our classes are convenient to the Greater Houston Area,
The Woodlands, Conroe,
and surrounding areas.
Click HERE for map and directions.
** Most active police officers are exempt from the classroom and range qualification. See Texas Administrative Code Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 6, Subchapter B, Rule §6.16 for more information.
NOTE: Discounts only apply to new CHL applicants, MUST be applied when registering online, and may not be combined. Unless otherwise noted, discounts do not apply to private lessons or custom classes.