Be Prepared for Hurricane Harvey to make Houston Land Fall Friday Afternoon
If you haven’t started preparing for Hurricane Harvey, your should ASAP. Hurricane Harvey is predicted to make land fall Friday afternoon, and Houston is on the “dirty” or rainy side of the storm.
Visit the National Hurricane Center’s website for all of the information related to being prepared for the storm.
Just a few are:
- Gather important and needed medications together
- Stock up on can goods and water (if you can)
- Fill your bathtubs with fresh water
- Fill your gas tanks
- Charge cell phones and backup batteries packs (or laptops that can often be used to charge cell phones)
- Locate flashlights and extra batteries
- Have a battery powered radio with extra batteries
- And of course, have your LTC pistol, license, and extra magazines and ammo. If you can, I would include a shotgun and backup gun as well (please don’t carry it with a round chambered).
Stay safe out there! And never drive into flood waters!